Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Long distance cycling gives good health

Long-distance cycling keeps me fit

 My main de-stresser is long-distance cycling. I really enjoy cycling alone, especially in the suburbs, where the roads are relatively free of traffic. I go cycling regularly on weekends, leaving early in the mornings. Sometimes, if I get home soon after a shoot, I try to get some miles on my cycle. I usually complete 8 to 10 km one-way. I’m a fitness buff (as my profession demands), and this keeps me fit.

Another thing that helps me completely relax is spending time in the steam room at my gym. I generally spend half an hour per week in the steam room, which is enough to help me unwind. There is one more thing that I love doing to help me de-stress, but you might find it a little strange. I climb trees! Yup, I head down to Cubbon Park and find any good old tree and just climb. I know it may sound strange here, but tree climbing is quite common in Coorg (where I come from). There’s no need of any equipment or anything, just find a tree and start climbing! I believe if you take care of your body, your stress will disappear.
— As told to Elliot Clarence

SUSPENSION SYSTEM IN AUTOMOBILES

Written By   T. SIVA KUMAR                                                                     Asst.proff: Sai Sakthi Engineering Colle...